We look forward to meeting your family here at SHM. Here are a few things to keep in mind when visiting our school.
1) We ask that all families arrive on time. If you are running late please let us know, calling is the best option in these situations. Also, be aware that if your lateness exceeds 10 minutes, your tour will be canceled and rescheduled for another day.
2) If possible, we ask that both parents and the child are present for your visit. Also, grandparents are welcome as they often want to join tours. We request that this is communicated to us before your scheduled tour date. As our administrative office is quite cozy, all supplemental guests (Nannies, babysitters, other family members) will be seated directly outside of our office.
3) We excited to meet your little ones! Their presence is enough, we do not ask that children are instructed to recite academic knowledge or perform for the administrators while visiting our school.
4) When touring the second floor (the classroom area), we ask that visiting children stay with their parents. A Montessori classroom belongs to its inhabitants (the children of the class), the classroom has lots of materials that are tempting for the little visitor. The environment should not be disrupted in any way by visiting children.
5) Classrooms with classes in sessions should be entered quietly with as little disruptions or distractions as possible.
6) We welcome all questions regarding our program, curriculum, and education approach. We also ask that touring families share valuable information with us regarding your child's past school experiences, health, and development.
7) All applications along with the application fee must be submitted for program consideration.
We look forward to meeting you!
Tracey Mina, MS ED
Head of School
Stuyvesant Heights Montessori
To enroll or for any general information, please contact us:
Telephone: 347.295.1100 • Email:
Address: 644 MacDonough Street, Brooklyn, NY 11233